Saturday, May 19, 2012

Maternity clothes shopping

We went to a near by town today to go to maternity store to get some clothes for me to wear since I have been uncomfortable in most of the clothes I normally wear to work for awhile now. Its so hard working opposite shifts with Chris since the weekend is the only time we can get things done, but at the same time its the only time I have to totally be able to relax since I know that I don't have to go to work and Chris is around the help with Monkey.
We have been trying to go the past few weekends but didn't because there was something else we needed to do or we ran out of time. I tried looking at stuff in Value Village but the stuff they have in there is so outdate and HUGE that I was pretty disappointed. There is another store that is supposed to have used mat clothes as well but I couldn't find it! Walmart's section consists of tops that are just XXL. seriously? with some mat jeans that are just horrendous looking!

So off we went. Probably not the best weekend to go since it was the long weekend and the roads were busy but I wasn't going to wait another week to get something to wear! We were in the store for a long time and I tried on soooo many things. I found a lot of stuff that I liked, my only complaint is that they have short freaking sleeves!! So when I am at work I have to be careful not to jiggle my arms around or else UGH~ shudder :( I can't believe how much my belly is showing! I never showed this much this early with Monkey but I have read that you show faster with your second.

Another thing is that I actually found a bra that fits pretty good! So I bought two. The girls working there were super nice and helpful and the one told me that she sold a few bras to a customer earlier and she liked it so much better then the one she was wearing that she wore it out of the store. I did the same thing! Once I put it on there was no way I was taking it off! I have been wearing two bras lately just to keep the girls under control. None of mine were fitting properly anymore. So after finding this one it was soooo much better and more comfortable. HA I told Chris that I might just buy my bras from there from now on since any that I get at stores like la Senza just never fit right and the ones that you find at Sears are so freaking ugly they make me feel 90 years old!

So after forever I finally had gone through everything that I had wanted to try on (at least with the first pass around the store) Chris asked if I wanted to look around the store again. I have to say that I was tempted because I knew there were other tops that I liked that I didnt try on but I also knew even if they were having an amazing sale (buy one get the second 40% off) the bill was going to be expensive. I was right! wooo I was so shocked at the price but in reality it was worth it and I knew that the two boutique stores here that sold mat clothes had crazy prices. Like 60 bucks for one top crazy. There were clothes in here that were the same but they had a good selection and a lot of stuff was on sale. Chris told me that we would have to have a third baby just to get our moneys worth out of these clothes. LOL. I told him we will see. It definately made me wish that I had gotten clothes when I was prego with monkey, but it was winter when I was huge and I could get away with wearing a baggy oversized shirt and sweater. I can't do that this year since it's summer and it gets so hot in the plant. Can't hide behind my sweater thats for sure!

So nice to have some clothing options now and tshirts that actually fit my prego body. Still cringing at the price of it but what can ya do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...