Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Happy 10th month birthday!!
Weight: ~ 19 pounds. Weighed on our home scale.
Height: ~27-28inches long. Measured at home. It was pretty hard to get you to lay still enough to take this measurement so it was super quick and just a ballpark figure.
Diaper size: You are still wearing size 3 diapers and still using the cloth diapers.
Clothing size: You are still wearing clothes in the 9-12 month size. You have lots of cute things to! You have more outfits then I do lol.
Sleep: We went through a rough patch of you not napping hardly at all. It became a struggle to get you to nap at all and I ended up going into your room to lay you back down a few times over an hour before you fell asleep. It wasn't that you didn't need a nap, it was just you being stubborn. You also began to dirty your diaper exactly 30 mins after putting you in the crib the first time and no matter what time you were put down for a nap 30 mins later I had to go in there and change you. But then again you have just mastered hand and knee crawling, you started clapping your hands and pulling yourself up so I don't blame you for not wanting to lay down and go to sleep.
Feeding: You are well on your way with solid foods having graduated to the 6-8 months plus food. There have been so many assortments that I have stopped taking photos of your first reaction to trying them for the first time since really it is all a combo of things you have already had anyways. Plus you really are not a picky eater and eat anything we give you with only a rare unimpressed face.
You get about a half a jar of the bigger sized jar of baby food unless we add some sort of pureed fruit for dessert. Then we give you 4oz of formula. You are still getting 4oz of formula before naps and before bed as well as with meals.
You are also getting different types of cereal in the morning. We tried oats and wheat again and have even tried ones that have berries in it or yogurt. Since taking the suggested steps that we found online and after talking with the doctor the baby eczema has gotten tons better. So we tried the grain that we thought might be causing the problem and turns out it wasn't.
Favorite toy: You really seem to enjoy playing with the animals from the farm set we got you. In fact whenever you see that any of them are where they should be inside that is the first thing you to is go over there and throw them out. You still sleep with your purple sock monkey and crinkle bug still travels with you in the car. We have since put away the jolly jumper since I barely put you in it anymore and when I do only 5 mins is enough for you. Why would you want to jump in the same spot when you can crawl all over the place.
Nicknames: We mostly call you monkey, sometimes by your name and sometimes a short form of your name, but mostly monkey.
Funniest moments: I love hearing you giggle with whatever makes you laugh. Sometimes it's the most random thing that neither me or daddy can figure out what is so funny. Like not to long ago you where sitting on daddy's lap and he was flipping your hat with the long ties on it and you laughing because the ties where flipping through the air. Don't know what was funny about that but it was hilarious listening to you giggle. Daddy also likes to pretend his hand is a spider and tickles you until you laugh. Just the anticipation sometimes sends you into a fit of laughter. It's seriously the cutest thing ever!
Favorite moments: I love just watching you play with your toys on the floor. It's so fun to just watch you inspect everything and even talk to your toys. I have no idea what you are saying or thinking but it's pretty fun to watch. I could sit and watch you for hours on end doing this.
Milestones/things you do:
- You have expanded your new tastes more then ever trying all sorts of combinations in the 6-8mth + selection.
- You have mastered the sitting up on your bum all of a sudden. It was near Christmas time when you just one day decided to sit back and you haven't stopped doing this ever since.
- You also around this time learned to clap your hands and to crawl on hands and knees. Christmas eve to boxing day you were taking a few short moves and then would revert back to the army crawl. You had by this time went from the plank move to the downward dog, so I guess that was the next step in getting your muscles in shape to be able to move forward. The day after boxing day you took a few hesitant movements forward on hands and knees and then you just took off. It was a bit slow at first but you have mastered a nice steady pace. You look so cute crawling around!
- It wasn't soon after this that you just all of a sudden started pulling yourself up on your knees on the coffee table and at the window in the great room. It's like all of a sudden you were like BAM and hit three abilities all in a row. You have even starting putting your one leg up so your foot is flat on the floor when your pulling up on things. Soon you are going to be trying to stand up! I'm not ready for that your growing up to fast! You can keep weight on your legs if someone does hold you up on your feet. Although you sort of stand on your tiptoes. Maybe you will be a ballerina? You definitely have the knack for standing on those tip toes.
- you still only have your two bottom teeth but I can see that you are going to cut the top four sometime soon. I can actually see the bumps there now. It's about time! You beat all the other babies your age for your first few teeth and now all of them have more teeth then you. :)
-You now stop to examine any little thing that you find on the ground AND try and put it on your mouth :( So I have to keep an eye on you all the time.
- You still love music and we aren't sure but we think that some commercials that come on you recognize the songs since whenever they are on you stop and watch and listen. It is not true for all commercials.
- You have started to get mad and cry or scream when something doesn't go your way. This hasn't happened too often but I have noted it. It may have been just because at those times you were tired. You also like to throw things all over the place and are constantly throwing whatever is on the coffee table onto the floor. (we have now since just started putting small toys and bibs/clothes on top so you can do this and nothing that could hurt you in anyway.) Nothing is safe on that coffee table any longer.
- You still try and get at the cat food and are quicker in getting there since you can crawl better but because you have some new toys it's easier to distract you into just staying in the area where they are. Also you are better at staying in your playpen for a few minutes with some random toys which is good.
- You also love to look through your board books, sometimes it's like you are reading them yourself since you jibber jabber a lot when doing so. You also pay attention a bit more when we read them to you, well sometimes.
Here is to another birthday month and another month closer to your first birthday! Love you monkey!