Saturday, October 29, 2011

14/30 - Favorite Quote

Day 14 - What is your favorite quote.

This has been my favorite quote ever since I came across it online a long time ago. I have no idea where I seen it but it has stuck with me. I thought that it was by an anonymous person but double checking I found it is actually by Robert Fulghum. I think the quote speaks true. The world is full of different types of people and we have to learn to live with each other (hopefully peacefully). I know as a person I try to be nice to everyone I meet (ie the whole golden rule about doing unto others as you would have them do unto you). In general though if I meet/know someone I don't really like I just don't talk to them/stay away from them. I'm pretty easy going and surround myself with people I do like so that is never really a problem.


Here is the original quote by Robert Fulghum:

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.” - Robert Fulghum (author/pastor)


The one below here is basically the same but this is the version that I had originally found all those years ago. I guess it's like that game telephone. Where the words get passed down but they get changed somewhat. Still the same thing though.


"We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names. All are different colours, but they all have to learn to live in the same box."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...